Mississippi Booking Policy
(If you want to book a party please go to party/events information page)
Mississippi Pizza hosts live music seven nights a week. Showtimes
usually begin at 6PM and at 9PM, and cover a wide spectrum of acts.
Below are the guidelines for booking your event:
- Drop off, mail, or email your press kit and demo, attn: Dan. If
possible, your MySpace page is the preferred way to receive your press
kit. We generally book shows 1 – 3 months in advance. Given the many
demos we receive, please allow 2 weeks for Daniel to get back to you.
- Let us know how many folks you expect to draw, and how you plan to
promote your show. A press release and promotional materials should be
sent by you to The Oregonian, Willamette Week, and Mercury, in which
we provide weekly listings of our events. We also recommend that you
put up flyers and e-mail your fans to get them out for the show.
- Our 6pm shows do not have a cover, though you are free to play for donations at any time. If you wish to charge a cover for the 9pm slots, you must indicate how much it will be so we can list it on our calendar. With the Atlantis Lounge (our full bar) situated at the very back of the house, it is our policy that patrons there need not pay a cover charge since they are attending other events or dining in the bar specifically. Please have your door person aware of this policy.
- Let us know if you wish to hire a sound or door person, since they
need to be scheduled in advance. We can provide a door person for a
$10/hr fee ($30 minimum charge), and a sound person for a $15/hr fee
($30 minimum charge). Our sound techs will use a board from the back
of the room to get the best sound possible. Of course, you are welcome
to use our PA system, main speakers, monitors, and 15-channel board
on-stage. We also have 4 microphones which can be borrowed from the
- We provide each performer with one ‘drink ticket’ per set played;
acts performing two sets receive two tickets per performer. Each
ticket is redeemable for a slice, a side salad, a beer, a well drink, or $5 towards
higher-end items in the bar. Please introduce yourself to the
bartender in the Atlantis Lounge at back as he/she will provide your
tickets and help orient you to our venue.
- Shows should start as close to advertised times as possible. Please
also respect the starting times of subsequent acts as well as closing
times: 6PM shows must finish by 8:00PM at the latest, and 9PM shows
must finish by 11:15 PM at the latest (12:15 AM Friday and Saturday).
- Please confirm your show with Dan 3 weeks before your event.
Send music to:
Dan Eichler/ Music Booking
Mississippi Pizza Pub
3552 N. Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Venue: 503. 288.3231 (for placing orders only, for booking music see booking line below)