Have you tried our Gluten Free Pizza? It’s said to be the best in town!
Where do we get our Gluten Free Pie Skins from?
We started baking gluten free pizza years ago here at Mississippi. As demand grew over the years we realized we needed a separate facility, not least because that way we could have a completely secure gluten free environment in which to make it. Today, Portland Gluten-Free bakes both vegan and regular gluten free pizza crusts daily, these are sold to distributors who sell it sold all over town, and, of course at Mississippi Pizza. The recipe is still based off of the original one created here at Mississippi Pizza.
- Any of the pizzas from our menu can be made gluten-free unless otherwise noted
- Our gluten-free dough is NOT vegan, it contains egg
- Vegan gluten-free crusts are available, but only in 16”
- ALL pizzas come with a mozzarella cheese and red sauce base unless specified
Check Menu for pricing (Red pricing are GF options)
Gluten-free Pie Skins:
Take-home, gluten-free pizza crusts are available for purchase.
- 8”: $5.50
- 12”: $7.50
- 16”: $9.00
Gluten Free Dough Ingredients:
White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Sorghum flour, Potato starch, Potato Flour, Tapioca Flour, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Yeast, Salt, Cane Sugar, Garlic, Olive Oil, Eggs (our pan spray contains trace amounts of soy).
Vegan: White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Sorghum flour, Potato starch, Potato Flour, Tapioca Flour, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Oregano, Yeast, Salt, Cane Sugar, Garlic, Olive Oil, Nutritional Yeast (our pan spray contains trace amounts of soy).
Pizza Cooking Instructions:
- Our crusts can be topped and cooked directly from the freezer
- Preheat oven between 450-475 degrees.
- Place oven rack on middle level and place pizza stone or cookie sheet in rack for preheating.
- Carefully slide pizza onto hot stone or cooking sheet.
- Cook 6-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice.
Please keep in mind that Mississippi Pizza in not a gluten-free establishment and there is wheat flour on premise. We try our best to ensure that our gluten-free pies are clear of gluten, but there are always slight risk.
Currently we are talking the following steps to reduce the possibility of cross contamination:
- Our gluten free crusts are manufactured in a designated gluten free environment at Portland Gluten-Free
- They are carefully sealed in bags to keep them fresh and protect them from exposure to wheat contamination prior to cooking
- We use separate, designated pizza pans and utensils for gluten free pizzas
- We have a separate pizza oven exclusively for cooking gluten free pizzas
- All our staff are trained in the preparation and cooking of gluten free pizzas to with careful attention paid to minimizing any chance of cross contamination during preparation
Our Gluten-Free crusts are not guaranteed 100% gluten-free, but are made in a designated gluten-free facility.
Thank you for your understanding. Enjoy gluten-free pizza!