Mississippi Pizza makes the best gluten-free pizza in Portland! Please note:
- Any of the pizzas from our menu can be made gluten-free unless otherwise noted
- Our gluten-free dough is NOT vegan
- Vegan gluten-free crusts are available, but only in 16”
- ALL pizzas come with a mozzarella cheese and red sauce base unless specified
8” : any three toppings $8.00
$1.00 for each additional topping
12” and 16” : add $3.50 to any regular pie
(Vegan gluten-free now available only in 16” size)
Gluten-free Pie Skins
Take-home, gluten-free pizza crusts are available for purchase.
8”: $5.00 12”: $6.00 16”: $7.00
Gluten Free Dough Ingredients
Wholegrain Brown Rice Flour, Potato starch, Wholegrain Millet Flour, Wholegrain Sorghum flour, Tapioca Flour, Potato Flour, Cane Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Yeast, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Olive Oil, Water Honey, Eggs, Oregano, Canola Oil (trace amounts).
Pizza Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven between 400-500 degrees.
- Place oven rack on middle level and place pizza stone or cookie sheet in rack for preheating.
- Carefully slide pizza with parchment onto hot stone or cooking sheet.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently remove from parchment paper before slicing.
Currently we are talking the following steps to reduce the possibility of cross contamination:
- We rescheduled our dough making process to allow our gluten free dough to be prepared first thing in the morning prior to preparing any wheat containing products.
- We then developed a system for carefully sealing the crusts in individual bags to keep them fresh and protect them from exposure to wheat contamination prior to cooking
- We purchased and use separate pizza pans and utensils for gluten free pizzas
- We have purchased a separate pizza oven exclusively for cooking gluten free pizzas
- We completed an all staff training in the preparation and cooking of gluten free pizzas to again reduce the chances of cross contamination during preparation.